Wednesday, April 15, 2009

oil and cloth hall of fameth: Bo Jackson


I can say without question that you are not nearly as cool as Bo Jackson. You know those Chuck Norris jokes that you forward around about how awesome Chuck Norris is? Bo Jackson wrote those...all of them. If Bo Jackson was rafting upstream in the Niagara River and dropped his soy latte over the falls, he would at have the decency to go back and pick up his own litter even it meant slowing him for a couple of seconds.

When I was a kid I saw Bo hit four home runs in yankee stadium...on tv. That was when nobody gave a shit about the yankees because they sucked. And everybody cared about Bo Jackson because he was awesome.

My only regret is that I was not able to become close friends with him only so I could sleep on the floor of his hotel room. Maybe we could watch Columbo or Matlock if he wasn't too tired from making grown men look like impotent midget asian men who's wives would leave in an instant if they had a taste of what the Bo was cooking. In a totally unrelated topic, how nice were those baby blue uniforms? They brought those back you know. Yeah! I saw 'em on tv the other day. On second thought I don't think I'd like to meet Bo Jackson.

2 comments:

  1. BO is a great and deserving member of the Hall of Fameth. As a child I was obsessed with BO. That's BO, not Bo. He was the man that made me a Royals and Raiders fan. Not really a fan of the team, so much, as a fan of a place that could contain such awesomeness. And the uniforms were fashionable. He also is the reason that my baseball cards are now worthless. I put most of my eggs in the BO basket, and that basket suffered hip dysplasia. I was watching the game when his hip injury took place, breaking a run down the line. That's how I remember it. It makes me sad to revisit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. while baby blue may come and go, it should be a long time until the '76 White Sox collared shirts and shorts look returns to major league baseball..

    ReplyDelete