Monday, April 13, 2009

oilandcloth hall of fameth: alex trebek


Here's some quotes from the great one (whether these are quotes from the program known as Jeopardy or just things caught in passing at Alex's private brandy room I know not.) :

"If you can't be in awe of Mother Nature, there's something wrong with you."

"Sex? Unfortunately, as you get older - and I shouldn't admit this - there are other things that become more important in your daily life."

"I don't gamble, because winning a hundred dollars doesn't give me great pleasure. But losing a hundred dollars pisses me off.
"

"My musical development stopped when Frank Sinatra died."


I'll never forget the answer to the first Jeopardy question I ever answered...Babe Ruth. I was the man that day. Not now though, now I just play with my cat.


3 comments:

  1. i used to be smart - now i'm just stupid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am appreciative of your Hall of Fameth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Fuck you, and YOU too." Love, Alex

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU2w72KAkQQ

    ReplyDelete